Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

East Coast Travels - Brisbane 2

I've split up my Brisbane posts into two since I've got so many photos! Click here to view the other post.
On our last full day in Brisbane, the 11th of May, we booked a helicopter with V2 (V squared). I saw a Scoopon a few weeks back for a helicopter ride over Brisbane CBD for only $99, I’ve always wanted to go on a helicopter ride and always get put off by how incredibly expensive it is, so for $99 I had to do it! We took a taxi to Archerfield - which showed up with a flat tire.... great - had a super quick 5 minute chat about the helicopter and then we went up in the air! It wasn’t scary at all, the helicopter rose really slowly, you could hardly feel that it was off the ground! we then started flying towards the CBD. We got really close to everything and I took some amazing photos! We also bought a video of our flight. The flight was only 15 minutes, but it was totally worth it!

CBD in the Distance.

Southbank & Streets Beach to the far right.

Stadium

CBD and proof we're in a helicopter!

All the bridges, the CBD and Southbank!

That evening we had some dinner at Grill’d, the best burger place in Australia (tied with Mos Burger, but we’ve only gone there twice...) and then had a stroll along the Southbank to Kangaroo Point. The walk was probably about 2 hours? We crossed the Victoria Bridge and walked along the Southbank, which was beautiful at night too.

The Asian Temple and the ferris wheel were beautifully lit up. We continued our walk past the Goodwill Bridge to Kangaroo Point Cliffs. I took tons of photos of the CBD from there, with exposures up to 30 seconds.

I never really noticed, but Brisbane is such a colourful city! The photo to the left is the only photo I have of both the CBD and the Story Bridge.

We then went up the stairs to the top of the Kangaroo Point Cliffs. They are actually cliffs, it isn’t just a name. During the day there are loads of rockclimbers climbing up the hill, but we went up the stairs. They were exhausting, and when you’re finally at the top there isn’t even a bench!! We had some more amazing views from up there and continued our walk along the river to Story Bridge.



The photo to the left is taken from the Story Bridge. The Story Bridge is one of the three bridges in the world that you can climb over, same as the Sydney Harbour bridge and a third bridge. Although it’s really cool you can climb over this one too, it looked no where near as impressive as the harbour bridge. The lowest point of the bridge is only slightly higher than the pedestrian path so I’m not sure if it would really be worth it... That being said I climbed the Harbour Bridge so nothing can really compare to that. The bridge was beautiful in the evening lit up with bright yellow lights. Again we had some great views of the CBD from there.



We then continued our way along the river back to the edge of the botanic gardens and walked through the CBD back to our hotel in Spring Hill.

On the 12th we left at 13.45 and arrived in Noosa just after 17.00.

Overall Brisbane has been fantastic, but we found that it’s also a little lazy. On saturday evening everything was shut by 17.00 and the following morning we were trying to get some breakfast somewhere but at 10.30 we couldn’t find any place to eat! Maybe we’ve been spoiled in Melbourne! I’m excited to continue on our trip and see some more beaches and less city though.

No comments:

Post a Comment