Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Ludovico Einaudi

All my recent posts seem to be updates. I keep wanting to start blogging again, but every time I don't end up sticking to it. Well, I'm officially starting again! I have a lot to write about and I need to get it all posted before the end of this month. On April 30th I'm flying to Sydney and will be spending the next 4 weeks travelling up the east coast all the way to Cairns. Then from Cairns I'll be flying to Tokyo and 5 days after that back to the UK. It's bittersweet to think about it, on the one hand I absolutely love living in Melbourne, it's such a beautiful place, but going back to the UK won't be THAT terrible. It's a lot cheaper and we'll actually be able to get the jobs we want. We were very limited here with the working holiday visa rules.

Anyway, these next couple of posts will be looking at what I've been up to for the past 6 months.

Now to the point of the post: Ludovico Einaudi. Einaudi is a famous Italian pianist and composer. I was first introduced to his music by my boyfriend and immediately loved what I heard. I used it as the music for quite a few time lapses, before I ended up changing it to something else (eg. the music my brother composed for me). It's such beautiful and intense music and perfect for time lapses! Spoiler alert: I've been busy for the past couple of months to create a Melbourne time lapse and guess which music I'll be using?!? Anyway, a while back I saw a poster that Einaudi was going to play at Hammerhall in Melbourne, only a 10 minute walk away from us. I was super excited but didn't think much of it at the time, I love his music but don't know whether it would be worth the money. A couple weeks later I started my Melbourne time lapse and starting thinking about music, obviously Einaudi. I remembered the concerts and immediately checked the tickets. I am so incredibly happy that I went!!

The concert was on the 13th of February and was based around his new CD called In A Timelapse, fitting name right? Einaudi played alongside 5 other musicians including 2 fantastic cello players. The music starts off calm and beautiful but the songs build up into this intense creation. Seeing it in person was a completely different experience. As the music builds up, the lighting also became more dramatic. Amazing.

Unfortunately I couldn't take any photos or recordings, but at the end I managed to get a shot of Einaudi. After that I bought a CD and….. got it signed!!! Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment