Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Monday, April 14, 2014

Jedward & St Kilda

Way back in November on my lunch break I saw Jedward. WOW! Jedward is an Irish singing duo of a set of twins. They were a very controversial but hilarious act on The X Factor UK. I loved them. I never thought about seeing them perform though, but when I saw them for real just walking through Melbourne I was literally starstruck. I couldn't speak, move anything. I know I sound like such a loser. 

After seeing them and having a star struck moment, I told my dad about it, who was totally jealous, and he told me they were having a concert the day after! I immediately bought two tickets, one for me and the other for my boyfriend... who isn't a very big Jedward fan. And when I say not very big I mean not at all. 

The concert was in the Palais Theatre in St Kilda. St Kilda is just south of Melbourne along the beach. The room was only half full, but in spite of that Jedward performed like they had the largest audience ever. They were full of energy and were such an entertaining act. Their singing was actually fantastic. The reason they were so controversial on the X Factor was because they didn't have the best voice, but they were great at performing! 

The Palais theatre is right next to an amusement park called Luna Park. The entrance is a huge crowns head. How crazy does that look? 

Just behind Luna Park and Palais theatre is the beach. Although it isn't the most beautiful beach in Australia, I still think it's great. It's very easy to get to from the city as several trams head into that direction. The water is beautiful and clear and the beach is a light sand. When you walk up St Kilda pier you get a great view of the city. 

My aim is obviously not very good.. But just to the right of my head is the beach! 

No comments:

Post a Comment