Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Hand-In

Last Thursday was my hand-in for two units: Advanced Practice Research and Self Led. For Advanced Practice Research I had to create two research workbooks for each of my projects (Succession and 7591 Miles). Self Led only referred to my 7591 Miles project. For this I had to hand in my three finals, my development workbook and a reflective writing, which basically just sums up all the research I've done and how I've come to my final.

It's a bit of a strange feeling now that I've handed this in. It's the same as after my dissertation hand in - I'm happy that it's all done, but I've still got another hand in and a whole exhibition to set up! Usually the hand-in means the end, but we've still got so much to do!!

The next deadline is the 16th of May, which is when I have to hand in my portfolio (pretty much done) and a final blog post explaining what I'm hoping to do over the next 5 years and how the course has helped me get to that. This means I won't be blogging for a while after the 16th (until I've got my mark back).

Anyway, a few days before that I have my VIVA practice presentation. The VIVA is an oral presentation about my work, however it's not my work that is being marked but the way I talk about it and my knowledge of the subject matter. I will be talking about my Succession project for this as I feel the most confident at that project. My actual VIVA is sometime closer towards the end of May. Also around the start of May we have to start setting up our Eldon exhibition. We start setting it up and deciding where all the work is going to go on the 7th of May, but the actual exhibition isn't until the 31st of May! I'm a bit worried about hanging up my work, since my Succession photo is incredibly heavy and I literally know nothing about drilling holes and stuff.....

No comments:

Post a Comment