Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Thursday, March 28, 2013

New Creatives


New Creatives has already finished, but I wanted to do a little concluding post about it. Firstly, the photo to the right is taken by a press photographer from The News Portsmouth. It's just a lovely photo of myself and Oliver Merkin and one of the students from Portsmouth College. 

Secondly, I never mentioned this on my blog, but at the preview night I received some vouchers from Denise for taking part. I had no idea I would receive anything so I was incredibly surprised and grateful. One of the vouchers was £50 at Blackwells, a bookshop. So far, I've bought two books from the voucher. The first is "Photographing Dogs" by Lara Blair. I've been really interested in dog photography, and as I mentioned previously I will try to do some proper shoots over the summer (of dogs that I don't already know). The second book I bought is "Setting Up A Successful Photography Business" by Lisa Pritchard. It's a book that my lectures have talked about countless of times and we've recently had a lecture on. I haven't actually looked at the book yet (I only got it today!), but from what I've heard about it it's really good. It's got all sorts of important things in there like copyright and model release forms etc. 

I do still have some money left on the card so I'll have to do some research on what to buy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment