Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Friday, March 29, 2013

52 Week Photo Challenge

This week has been a lot better than last week. I've got more motivation, I had a good tutorial with my lecturers and I've got three weeks off for Easter! Anyway, so I've been less stressy and a lot more happy about doing the photo challenge.

The theme of this week is "view". This, like all the other weeks so far, is a very very very broad theme. I didn't particularly want to do a view from my flat, or anything in the building, because I've done that a several times already (week 5, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12). My initial idea was to go up the spinnaker again. I've wanted to go back to the spinnaker every since I first went there because I want to take a time lapse from up there. But... the weather has been horrible so I didn't think that would be the best idea.

Something that I've had planned for this week was the circus! I received some free tickets for Billy Smart's Circus in Southsea Common from Subway as we let them advertise there, so I thought it would be a great idea to combine this weeks' theme with that.

We had great seats (with our VIP tickets!!) so this was my view. It was pretty tricky to take photos at the circus. The image to the left has a shutter speed of 1/8th of a second, so I'm shocked it's not moved! This photo was actually taken before the whole show started, but I decided to go with this photo because of the colours. It's so bright and colourful and everything you'd expect from a circus.

No comments:

Post a Comment