Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Friday, February 15, 2013

Business Boom

It's been a little quiet on my blog, but like always I've been doing a lot of work. Firstly, I got my article published on Business Boom a couple days ago!! Here's the link:



It's a great article and I'm very happy with the outcome. It's an amazing opportunity to have an article about me on a website and therefore I've added a "Links" section on my website with a variety of websites that have my work on it. At the moment it's just Business Boom and Sunrise Senior Living (where I took some photos to gain work experience). 

Apart from that, I've also completely changed my website. I am so fussy with how it looks and want it to be as professional as possible. It's still a tumblr site, however I've installed a new theme. I feel it looks a lot more professional and more like how a photographer's website should look. to the left is a short little about section and my name. When you click on my name it brings you back to the main screen. I've added 9 pieces of my favourite work. The majority would be landscape photography (I would class the shopping centres as landscapes as they are shot in the same way). And the ducks and Dutch memorabilia also link together. I like how I'm mixing the photos with the videos. When you click on the photo it brings you to a new screen where there is a description and if there are more photos in the series (eg the shopping centres) you can scroll down to see all of them. 

On the left hand side I've got a list of clickable links. The first one links to my blog, the second to my Pinterest (which I'm still constantly updating), and the third goes to a second Tumblr website I've set up which solely shows the work I've done while being on the course. Finally there is a contact button, which opens your email program and a links section. 

I love the idea of having a separate tumblr for my University work. Although there is quite a bit of overlap now, slowly my University projects won't be part of my portfolio, but will still be on my second website. 

I've also been super busy at Subway, which has been taking over all my time. I keep getting called in for 6 hours shifts (even though I'm only meant to be working 6 hours a week!). It's so exhausting, but on top of that I still have to do my research, edit the practical photos, go to lectures, have tutorials, go to crits etc etc etc. And on top of THAT I have to update my blog, flickr, website, pinterest, facebook page, twitter, youtube and I also recently got a Vimeo. The second semester of the third year is definitely the toughest of all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment