Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Sunday, February 17, 2013

52 Week Photo Challenge

This week the theme was "weather". It look me a while to think of what to do. Again, I started off by thinking about the things I didn't want to do, in this case just a plain photo of the sky. But it's quite difficult to get around that, since the theme is pretty clear. Instead of taking just one photo, I wanted to compare the weather over a few days. Hopefully getting a sunny shot, a cloudy shot, a rainy shot etc. I started this on Thursday and took a photo everyday at around 17.00. Thursday through Sunday were all beautiful days, which I wasn't really expecting. However I think it worked out in my favour.
The shots look great together and there is a real continuation between them because the weather is so similar. You can tell each of the photos is taken at a similar time by looking at the orange glow towards the bottom of the photos. It's interesting to see the recurring dark clouds in the first three images and a completely cloudless sky in the final one. If had been raining or a completely white sky, I don't think the photos would have worked together this nicely. I wanted to keep a bit of skyline in the photos, to make sure it wasn't just a plain photo of the sky. It kind of contextualises it. Trying to keep that the same in every photo was incredibly hard though!!

No comments:

Post a Comment