Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Monday, November 5, 2012

New Creatives

Oliver Merkin sent me a list of some of the dates he'd set up with the colleges on the opening day:


Havant College
·  12th November Monday 4-5pm - Introduction talk by myself followed by Q&A and introduction of the theme (Oliver Visit #2)
·  26th November Monday (time TBC) - Workshop 1 (Oliver Visit #2)
·  12th December Wednesday 12pm - Visit to Aspex galley
·  14th January (time TBC) - Workshop 2 (Oliver Visit #3)#
·  4th February Monday (time TBC) - Oliver, Mimi and Chris to select final 20 works for exhibition
·  25-28th February (Date TBC) - Delivery of artworks to Aspex
·  4th-6th March (Date TBC) - Curation and installation of works in the gallery
·  8th March 6-8pm - Preview Event.

Portsmouth College
·  15th November (Thursday) 10-11am, 11am-12pm - Introduction talks (X2) by myself followed by Q&A and introduction of the theme (Oliver Visit #1)
·  7th December (Monday) 9.30am-12.00pm - Workshop 1 (Oliver Visit #2)
·  12th December (Wednesday) (time TBC) - Visit to Aspex galley with students
·  11th January (Friday) 9.30am-12.00pm - Workshop 2 (Oliver Visit #3)
·  8th February (Friday) (time TBC) - Oliver + Staff meet to select final 20 works for exhibition.
·  25-28th February (Date TBC) - Delivery of artworks to Aspex.
·  4th March (Time TBC) - Curation and installation of works in the gallery
·  8th March 6-8pm - Preview Event.


Unfortunately I won't be able to go to the introduction talk at Havant because I'm working from 3 until 6 on Monday. I will be able to attend both of the introduction talks at Portsmouth, so that will be very exciting. A lot of the dates haven't been confirmed yet, but I'm sure after the introduction talks everything will slowly start to sort itself out.

No comments:

Post a Comment