Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Canvas vs Lite Canvas


I printed a canvas with a woodland photo on it, and another one as a Christmas present. The woodland photo is printed on canvas and the other one of canvas lite. I wanted to compare the two canvases and see which one I prefer and whether I want to use it for my final year presentation.


I much prefer the look of the normal canvas (the thicker one). I think it’s because I prefer the photo. It wraps around the frame beautifully. I decided to print this woodland photo because the trees are dead straight. This works perfectly with how the photo wraps around the sides. On either side of the canvas is a tree that fits entirely along the side. The thickness is just right. If I printed the woodland photo on the lite canvas the tree would have been half on the side and half on the front. The second photo looks nice as well, but as a Christmas present, it’s probably better to save a bit of money and print it on lite. For photography finals I would definitely print it on normal thick canvas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment