Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Big, Unexpected and Exciting News

My boyfriend and I have been thinking about our plans when we've finished our course for quite a long time. We both knew for a fact we wanted to go travelling but had no idea where or what to do and how long. Over the summer holiday we have both been doing a lot of research and came up with the idea of travelling to Australia. Our plan is to go to Australia for one year on a working holiday visa. This way we could travel the country and have jobs to make sure we don't run out of money.

Today we applied for our working holiday visa. We had to answer lots of questions and because we both have different nationalities, yet living in England, we did have a couple problems. We will be leaving for Australia at the end of August 2013 and we'll be there for at least a year. If we end up really liking it we'll apply for a second working holiday visa and hopefully one of us could get sponsored and will live there for a long period of time.

The flight to Australia is 22 hours, and since the longest time I've ever spent on an aeroplane is about 8 hours, we decided we didn't want to do the whole journey in one go. Therefore we are spending three nights in Dubai and three nights in Singapore along the way. This way we get to see a little bit of everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment