Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Timelapse Distortion


Judy spoke about the lens distortion in my time lapse video and how that could potentially be quite bad. I used a gopro for my time lapse and therefore there was quite a bit of wide angle distortion. Because of the amount of photographs within the time lapse I didn’t want to really fix the distortion in every single photo. In total I took about 1000 time lapse photos in one day, and sitting there editing everything single photo individually would be such a pain! Therefore, I started to do some research into how you can edit multiple photos at once. I looked into photoshop first and there is a way you can “batch” the photos and do the same edit to multiple photos. When I tried it though, lens correction wasn’t one of the options I could choose, so I kept looking. I later found out that in lightroom you can create a certain profile, and that is how you can do the same edit on multiple photos.
I decided to download the free trial of Adobe Lightroom to see how it works. I managed to create my own profile and did the same edit on each of the photos in the first scene of the time lapse. When finished editing you have to export them, rather than in photoshop where you just save the new file.

As you can see from the snapshot above, Lightroom has made a massive difference to the photograph. The photo to the right is the original with the fisheye effect, and the photo to the left is the edited version. I much prefer the look of the photo to the left, especially became my whole project focuses on the idea of having geometrical shapes. Although it does take a long time to edit, and it is very tedious, I will try to edit the whole movie in order to make it match with the rest of my photos.


Link:
Change quality to 1080p for best results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment