Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Friday, October 26, 2012

New Creatives

This is my second post regarding New Creatives. On Monday the 22nd of October I went to Aspex Gallery in Portsmouth and got the chance to meet the other buddies, the three artists and some members of the participating colleges. There was a brief talk by all of the artists and the rest of the time we were there we could just chat with the artists and buddies and really get to know what New Creatives is all about.

The three buddies are:
Myself
Lauren Scott-Smith (BA (Hons) Illustrator)
Matthew Jackson (MSc Digital Media)
If you click on their names, you will be linked to their blogs.

The three artists are:
Eileen White (craft based visual artist)
Oliver Merkin (murals and large scale artworks)
Chris Jenkins (crafts man and fine artist)
If you click on their names, it will link you to their personal websites.

The participating colleges are:
Highbury
St Vincent
Portsmouth
Havant
Fareham
Chichester
South Downs

After meeting everyone we got the chance to choose who we wanted to work with, and I'll be working with Oliver Merkin! We will be working with Portsmouth college and Havant college. I've just contacted Oliver to see whether he was able to set up any dates on Monday and we will be discussing who we are visiting when. I'm really excited to get started.

I'll continue to blog about the whole experience, and try to include photos as often as possible. For more information you can visit the other students' blogs and the new creatives website: http://newcreatives.org.uk/



No comments:

Post a Comment