Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Friday, October 26, 2012

CV writing

After Paul Barnes came in to speak to us about CV's, I decided I should update my CV and make it more interesting. I handed out CV's about two months ago so it's still reasonably up to date, however since then I managed to get a job and I was selected for new creatives. The first image to the right is a comparison between my old CV (left) and my new CV (right). My old one looks really boring, whereas my new one is a lot more interesting looking. 
My boyfriends' brother sent a copy of his CV and that's where I got the layout from. 
The second image shows how long my CV is. It's a page and a half so it isn't too long, and all the information is relevant. It starts off with a little introductory paragraph about me and then goes into my education and qualifications. That's followed by a section on experience and employment. After that I've added some personal achievements (eg. most improved softball player award, academic excellence in french award). And finally it finishes off with my skills. For that section I specifically look at my creative skills (eg. I can use digital, 35mm, medium format and large format, I can use the studio etc), communication and teamwork, organisation and self discipline, and what languages I speak. I'm really happy with my new and improved CV. 

No comments:

Post a Comment