Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

CCI...

"The creative and cultural industries form the powerhouse of the new world economy. Communication through many media - words, music, images, models, performance, games, video, film - is shared by global communities, brought together by common interests and high-speed technology.

The University of Portsmouth is at the heart of the booming creative and cultural industries in the south east of England, itself one of the most successful and dynamic regional economies in the world. We have a long history of excellence in the arts and technologies, which have come together to generate this exciting boom. And more importantly, we have a tradition of sharing and developing this expertise with global partners."
From http://www.port.ac.uk/departments/faculties/cci/. 

The CCI have a blog and a facebook page. They send regular emails to all the creative and cultural students at the University of Portsmouth. We have contacted them and asked whether it was possible they advertise our exhibition in they newsletters. They agreed to help us out, so as soon as I got their email I checked whether we were part of the "events" section - and there we are! As you can tell "The Big Picture" and "14M Squared" are also mentioned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment