Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Bake Sale...

The bake sale was really enjoyable, I don't think I have ever baked this much in my life! Kate, Adam, Tom, Hannah and Laura were in one house making lots of cakes and cookies and I was at my house making cakes and brownies. I started baking Thursday evening and finished Friday morning so that the cakes would be as fresh as possible. 

We started selling cakes at 12, although it was very quiet at Eldon. We kind of saw this coming because Fridays are usually very empty. The majority of people that walked past us however did buy some cakes. We handed out leaflets to everyone, both of our exhibition and the pub quiz and had a chat with some people about what it is that we were doing. Everyone was very interested and I think we'll be seeing some of them at our exhibition! We managed to get rid of all of our 500 leaflets!

Halfway through the day another student came up to us with an octopus cake and donated it to us. She was there giving it away for free but when she saw we were trying to raise money she just gave it to us! This really helped us because a lot of people walking past stopped and looked to look at the cake. We actually sold the octopus cake near the end of the day for  £5. In the end we managed to make a very impressive £51.07. However, we'd have to take away £11.84 because that is the money Adam spent on more cake materials, so we made £39.22. That's already 40% of the leaflet money back! 


We are thinking of having another bake sale on the 22nd of November at another cafe within the University. This cafe is more central of the site and is surrounded by a lot of other University buildings. We are hoping to gain more money here than we had at the previous bake sale. Both bake sales together should reimburse the money of the leaflets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment