Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Bake Sale 2...

 We had our second bake sale on Tuesday the 22nd and it was an even bigger success than the first bake sale. We obviously picked a better day, but we also had a lot more cakes to choose from. I had baked some chocolate fudge brownies, chocolate chip cookies, white chocolate chunk cookies, lemon poppy seed muffins, cookies and cream cupcakes and vanilla cupcakes. Kate added 2 bowls full of Welsh cakes, Tom made some chocolate brownies and Hannah's friend made Oreo cheesecakes and rainbow cakes. A big selection!
Our bake sale lasted from 11 until 4, although the last cake was probably sold at about 3. The most popular things were the brownies, muffins and the Welsh cakes, although we were told the cookies were delicious! The picture to the left shows the rainbow cakes Hannah's friend made. I decided that I had to try one, and to by honest I was quite worried about trying it. It was really tasty though and the inside looked really nice. 

In the end we managed to make £74.11 which is a massive profit! We are going to keep this money just in case we need to pay for anything like chairs and tables, but if we have money over by the end of the exhibition the money will be equally split between each of us. At the moment it looks like we've got free chairs (thanks to my boyfriends house mate) and free tables (thanks to Dominic's connections with the foundation tutors) so hopefully the money can be used to repay the money I have spend for printing my portfolio and my photos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment