Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Publicity...

Although we still aren't 100% sure of the venue, we decided it is important to start looking into other things such as who will be providing the tea and cakes. Will we bake everything ourselves or ask companies to help us out? Will we make all the tea ourselves or ask for free samples from companies? It is important we start acting upon these ideas as soon as possible, mainly due to the fact we want to appear professional towards the companies we contact. If we ask for free samples a week before the exhibition it will seem very disorganised and almost lazy. 
We have decided to contact a few tea companies, including PG Tips, Twinnings, Yorkshire Tea, Clippers, and Whittard, and ask whether they could lend us a hand. I have decided to send an email to Whittard straight away (I'm a big fan of the shop) and explained to them who I am, that I'm a second year Photography student and the University of Portsmouth. I introduced the idea of "artea" and asked whether it was possible for them to lend us a hand! Hopefully we'll get something back from them soon - with good news of course!


No comments:

Post a Comment