Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Promoting myself...

The gallery is a perfect way to promote myself and get noticed. Perhaps this is the start of a new carreer? Because of the I decided to get my website all sorted out and ready as though the exhibition is tomorrow. I have paid for an account so my website can be published and I have paid for a domain name. My website is www.elainedevries.com. Very exciting news! 

Having my own website is going to be so much easier. It will be posted on www.arteaphotography.net as well as be printed on my business cards. I will try and get my website posted in as many places as I can to get noticed. The website will have a link to my blog so if people happen to stumble upon my website they can easily get to my blog. This will create more awareness of our exhibition. The photograph added to this post is a photograph I took myself with a template of how I would create my business card. This isn't final yet, just to see what I could create. I quite like the idea of getting different photos on every business card, although I'm not sure how I would do that. This business card is created on the vistaprint website, although I might look into how I could print business cards at home and how much that would cost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment