Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

More venues...

For the past couple of days all my group has been concerned with is finding a venue. Once we've sorted out where we want to display our work, the other tasks will start to fall into place. Again, wanting to stand out, I looked into the dockyard and the ships. As you can tell, we make good use out of the facebook group. When anyone finds something we all put it onto the facebook group before making any final decisions. We take photographs of all of the venues we have looked at and post them onto the group. We have group discussions regarding the usability of the venue. 


Other venues that I have started to look for are emptied out buildings. I found a beautiful empty pub just off of Elm Grove. Although we aren't sure whether we want to display our work in a pub, it is always worth keeping an eye out for it. I have also found two empty buildings just on Elm Grove. The first one (right) is a very spacious empty building with large windows on the street side. It has a white floor and white walls. It would be another great place for an exhibition. I am going to phone them up on monday to see whether we can present our work there. Another empty space is just a bit further on Elm Grove. It is not quite as big, but still a very nice looking space.


We have discussed a variety of pubs in the Elm Grove and Albert Road area. We decided we wanted to present around this area because it is a very popular location for people going out as well as close to where most of Portsmouth students live. People who are travelling from further away will easily be able to walk, but are also able to take a bus. Below is a snapshot from google maps of Albert Road just to give you an idea of how many pubs there are on this road.  


No comments:

Post a Comment