Hi everyone!

As part of my photography course, I have to track my development on a blog. The posts from September 2011 until January 2012 are part of a module called Project Management, for which I was required to work in a group of eight students to create an exhibition. The blog followed every step we took in order to create a successful gallery. The blog posts starting from September 2012 follow my final year on the course. I'll be documenting my research and analysis of my final year projects, as well as include notes of my Professional Practice unit - which prepares us for a range of post graduate options. Finally it also looks at a project called New Creatives, where I'll be working alongside an artists to help college students get more involved with art.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Fundraising

A lot of ideas about fundraising have been thrown around the group including bake sales, sponsored events, magic tricks, busking etc but it sounds harder than I originally thought. For a bake sale, you need to make sure that you actually make a profit - you don't want to spend £30 on baking materials and then earn £30 from selling the cakes. That would be useless! For busking (eg. playing an instrument on the street) you need a license, which would also cost money. It seems that in order to raise money you need to spend everything first.

A company who I personally love Krispy Kreme. Krispy Kreme has got its own fundraising page where it explains how to raise some money thanks to Krispy Kreme doughnuts. 
www.krispykreme.co.uk/fundraising/raise-dough/
 Need a more interesting way to raise money for your charity?

Whether you are a charity looking to raise money at a specific event or an individual looking for a different way to hit that sponsorship target, Krispy Kreme’s fundraising scheme is here to help.
From early on in our history, Krispy Kreme has supported charities and played an active role in the local community. We know that it is increasingly difficult to simply ask people to make a donation, which is why our scheme allows you to sell them something they’ll love, our doughnuts, whilst you make a profit for your charity!
I think that sounds pretty fabulous - and delicious of course. If we explain to Krispy Kreme we need to raise money for an exhibition they might be able to help us out. I have just sent them an email asking whether we can apply for fundraising as well seeing as we aren't a charity, however they say fundraising is for non-profit organisations too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment